jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The autumn equinox passes, and the weather gets cold. The leaves turn brilliant shades of red and gold, while apples and pumpkins are ready for picking at orchards and patches around the state. Everyone loves fall, but it goes by far too quickly to be enjoyed as thoroughly as it deserves. Here are five things you need to enjoy autumn to the fullest.

Fuzzy socks

Keep toes warm in the cold weather with cute fuzzy socks. Lifehack: pairing high fuzzy socks with a dress will keep you warm long after the season of sundresses has passed. And they can be paired with sandals for a cute look when you’re late to your 8 a.m. class.

A painted pumpkin

Pumpkins are the perfect symbol of the fall season; it’s why we put them in pies and spicy lattes. A painted (or carved, if your dorm allows sharp objects) pumpkin for your dorm is the perfect way to add personality to your space and get in the fall mood. Bonus points if you paint it yourself!

Lip balm

The cold and dry weather totally ruins your lips leading to a cracked and dry kisser. Lip balm fixes that right up, making lips as soft as a fluffy sweater. If you really want to go fall-themed, you can find apple or pumpkin flavored lip balm.

Spooky playlists

They say fall doesn’t start until Halloween, but Halloween starts on Oct. 1, so turn up the spooky music all month. Here’s a playlist for throwback Halloween songs to get you started.

A friend

When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing warmer than a hug from a close friend. Find someone to cuddle with by the fireplace as you watch the leaves fall from the trees and swirl in the wind.

With this ultimate starter pack, you’re ready to slay the fall season.

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.
Emerson contributor