5 Easy Ways to Get in The Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

December is one of my favorite months of the year. It’s so festive and cheerful, and it always puts me in a good mood to get in the holiday spirit. However, some ways to get into the holiday spirit are easier and more inexpensive than others. Here are five of my favorite ways to get into a festive mood!

1. Listen to holiday music! While there is definitely plenty of Christmas music out there, there is also plenty of other general holiday music that’s available for your enjoyment.

2. Watch some holiday movies! There are so many great films focusing on this festive time of year.

3. Drive around and look at Christmas lights! You could do this for free in your town or city or pay to see a holiday light show, if you so wish.

4. Have some festive, seasonal treats! From hot chocolate to candy canes to gingerbread to eggnog and so on, there are so many delicious foods and beverages out there that can be made or bought at a cheap price.

5. Read a favorite holiday classic! Whether it’s A Christmas Carol, ‘Twas the Night before Christmas, or something totally different, curling up with a good book is always a fun time.

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a
Emerson contributor