This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re like me, you like baking but aren’t really skilled enough to make overly complicated recipes. I’ve spent a lot of time hunting the internet for the best easy recipes with minimal ingredients and steps. These recipes are easy to prepare and hard to mess up, and they’ll make perfect additions to your Thanksgiving table.

1.) Monkey Bread

Monkey bread is one of my favorite desserts, and this recipe has a short prep time and few ingredients. You’ll need a bundt pan, biscuits, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts (if you want them). The result is a sweet bread treat, and it’ll likely only take up to an hour to bake and cool.

2.) Slutty Brownies

Funny name aside, this is a great intro recipe if you haven’t done much baking. All you need is brownie mix, cookie dough, and Oreos. Simply follow the directions on the brownie box after you’ve layered your ingredients correctly, and you’ll get a chocolatey piece of heaven.

3.) Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites

It’s never too early to start getting in the winter spirit. This recipe calls for gingerbread coffee creamer, cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, and gingersnap cookie crumbs. I love cheesecake, and combining it with gingerbread makes a super festive treat.

4.) Boston Cream Poke Cake

If you’re going out of the city for Thanksgiving, bring a slice of Boston with you! To make this cake, you’ll need yellow cake mix, French vanilla instant pudding, and chocolate frosting. This cake gets nice and fudgy with a sweet center, and it’s super quick to make.

5.) Chocolate Lasagna

Yup, this dessert is as good as the title suggests. Best of all, you don’t have to bake it. You’ll need Oreos, butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, milk, Cool Whip, chocolate instant pudding, and mini chocolate chips. This dessert has a bunch of sweet layers and is a really indulgent treat.

Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College, concentrating in publishing and minoring in psychology. Avid defender of cats, coffee after dinner, and young adult books.
Emerson contributor