This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

We’d be lying if we said popcorn wasn’t one of our favorite snacks. But to be honest, sometimes the good old salt and butter routine can get a bit boring. Because popcorn is a relatively healthy choice, it serves as a great base for these seriously delicious recipes. Next time you’re looking for a unique snack without the fuss, try one of the following five easy popcorn combos below. What are you waiting for? Take a look and then get popping!

1.  Cool Ranch Popcorn

Step aside, Cool Ranch Doritos. There’s a new snack in town. 

Recipe from Rachel Ray

Ingredients:

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 3 teaspoons buttermilk powder (found in the baking aisle)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried dill

Directions:

Mix butter and spices together in a bowl or sauce pan. Drizzle over plain popcorn. Mix to spread evenly.

2. White Chocolate Confetti Popcorn

Like funfetti cake but with popcorn. Be still our hearts!

Recipe from A Side of Sweet

Ingredients:

• 12 cups of kettle corn or other plain popcorn
  • 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of shortening or 3.5 oz. white chocolate candy melts or
  • 2 tablespoons of sprinkles

Directions:

Melt white chocolate in the microwave or stovetop. Pour chocolate over popcorn, toss to coat each piece. Spread popcorn onto a baking sheet and sprinkle. Sit until try.

3. Rosemary, Black Pepper and Parmesan Popcorn

A healthy alternative to those rosemary parmesan fries you love oh-so much. 

Recipe from Our Best Bites

Ingredients:

• 16 cups of plain or salted popped popcorn
  • 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
  • fresh rosemary
  • minced garlic (optional)
  • grated parmesan 
  • ground black pepper

Directions:

In a bowl, mix together the rosemary, olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle hot popcorn with parmesan and toss. Drizzle the rosemary, olive oil and garlic mix over popcorn. Let sit for 5 minutes.

4. French Onion Dip Popcorn

This French onion soup inspired recipe tastes straight off the streets of NOLA.

Recipe from FoodNetwork.com

Ingredients:

• 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 1-ounce packet of onion soup mix
  • 16 cups of plain or salted popcorn
  • 6-ounce package of French-fried onions

Directions:

Melt butter and stir in onion soup mix. Toss with hot popcorn and French-fried onions.

5. Salted Peanut Butter Caramel Corn

Your beloved caramel corn but with half the sugar. Plus, peanut butter- yum!

Recipe from Healthy Food for Living

Ingredients:

• 6 cups of plain or lightly salted popcorn
  • 1/4 cup of salted peanuts
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup of brown rice syrup
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp of Kosher salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Toss popcorn and peanuts together. Line baking sheet. Combine canola oil, peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a medium-low heat saucepan. Stir slowly and constantly until smooth (about 2 minutes). Remove from stove and stir in vanilla and salt. Drizzle over popcorn and toss for even coverage. Spread popcorn onto baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. Rearrange popcorn again in an even layer and bake for another 15 minutes. Remoe from oven and let cool completeley. 

What recipe has you drooling? Let us know in the comments below or by tweeting us at @HCEmerson!

Cassidy is a Digital Production intern at Her Campus. She's currently a junior studying journalism at Emerson College. Cassidy also is a freelance reporter at the Napa Valley Register and a staff writer at Her Campus Emerson. Previously she blogged for Seventeen Magazine at the London 2012 Olympics, wrote for Huffington Post as a teen blogger and was a Team Advisor at the National Student Leadership Conference on Journalism, Film, & Media Arts at University of California, Berkeley and American University in Washington, D.C.. When she's not uploading content to Her Campus or working on her next article, Cassidy can be found planning her next adventure or perfecting her next Instagram. Follow her on Twitter at @cassidyyjayne and @cassidyjhopkins.  
Emerson contributor