This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It is officially midterm season for a lot of people, and students everywhere are scrambling to study for exams, perfect their multipage papers, and turn in projects that account for a large portion of their grade. Because life for many is incredibly hectic, it is easy to get overwhelmed and stressed out. However, it’s important to remember to take time for yourself, no matter how much is on your plate. Here are a handful of songs by BTS for when you need to relax or take a chill pill.

“Trivia 轉: Seesaw”

This was the first song that came to my mind when I thought of BTS songs that are relaxing to listen to. “Trivia 轉: Seesaw” is a solo track by Suga that appeared on BTS’ compilation album titled Love Yourself: Answer. The lyrics in the song are pretty heartbreaking—they talk about the struggles of getting off of a metaphorical seesaw that’s only ever destined to go through the motions of up and down. The song features a jazzy introduction and a steady beat throughout that it is the perfect song to listen to when you need to take a break. To me, this is the perfect song to listen to on a long drive with the windows down; Suga’s charming vocals in the chorus and poetic rap verses never do me wrong.

“Mikrokosmos”

“Mikrokosmos” is probably one of my favorite songs off of Map of the Soul: Persona. What immediately drew me in was the unique synth introduction, as it later built up to a catchy and boppy chorus. The title of the song references the ancient Greek philosophy of microcosm, which is defined as the perception of viewing humans as their own little world, or mikros kosmos. Microcosm studies the harmonious relationship of each individual in parallel to everything else, and the song’s lyrics continue BTS’ narrative of finding oneself. Because of the song’s beautiful melody and heartfelt lyrics, it is the perfect song to listen to not only when you need to calm down, but also when you need encouragement and motivation to keep moving forward.

“Just One Day”

If you are looking for a song that both calms you down while also giving you butterflies, look no further than “Just One Day.” The song appears as the fifth track of their second mini album Skool Luv Affair and as the seventh track in the repackage album Skool Luv Affair Special Addition. The lyrics talk about what each member would do if they had only one day with the one they love, and each member explains what they would do in each verse. Not only do I love this song, but also the choreography is incredible and fun to watch. “Just One Day” will always be a favorite of mine, and it is a perfect song to listen to when you need some chill vibes after being overwhelmed.

“Rain”

Looking for a BTS song to listen to when you need to chill out that’s also a bit on the older side of their discography? “Rain” is the perfect song for you! “Rain” appears as the sixth track in their first studio album titled Dark & Wild. Though the melody is soothing to listen to, the lyrics are pretty somber—they talk about a person who has stopped to reflect upon themselves while trying to sort out their mind. The lyrics are very poetic, and though it is one of those songs that don’t necessarily have positive and happy emotions, it is still an incredible song to listen to when you want to hear the exact words you’re feeling in moments of stress and confusion.

“2! 3!”

“2! 3!” is one of my go-to songs for whenever I need to calm down or destress, especially in times like midterm season. “2! 3!” is the fourteenth track in BTS’s second studio album titled Wings, and it also appears in the repackaged album titled You Never Walk Alone. This is an amazing fan song from BTS to their fanbase; the lyrics talk about how everything will get better, even though there might be hardships that come along. In the lyrics, they tell ARMY to forget about their worries, and to count to three to be free from it. This song is the embodiment of what every struggling student should hear: though we may go through difficult times like right now, everything will get better in the end.

Marieska Luzada is a sophomore at Emerson College at Boston, MA majoring in journalism and minoring in publishing. Besides writing for HerCampus, you can find her drafting an a capella arrangement, drinking an iced matcha latte, reading a young adult contemporary, or listening to Studio Ghibli movie soundtracks.
Emerson contributor