5 Boston Neighborhoods to Check Out this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Beacon Hill

Eat at Todd English’s Figs if you are in the mood for amazing pizza. The tiny shops that line the streets of this neighborhood are so much fun to explore on a warm Spring day. Boutique stores, flower shops, and bakeries are just some you can find nestled among the brownstone buildings.

Fenway

Opening day for the Red Sox is this coming Monday, which means you need to catch a game while you’re still in town. Check out a show at the House of Blues while you’re in the area. One of the most breathtaking museums in Boston, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, is located in this neighborhood as well.

South End

You must check out the SoWa Art Walk this May 3rd, which is a fun celebration of local artists. If you’re in the mood for a treat, pay a visit to the wonderful Flour café. Take a walk and enjoy the beautiful architecture of the area.  

The Waterfront

The Rose Fitzgerald Greenway is a popular destination in the Spring and Summer. If you’re looking for a quick bite to eat, try one of the food trucks, such as the famous Roxy’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese. After indulging, you can take a walking or bike tour around this area, or just take in the sights of the harbor.

Back Bay

Newbury Street is a shopping lover’s paradise in the spring. The trees are blooming, the musicians are back on the streets, and people are out and about. Spend some time in the open air part of the Boston Public Library with a good book. Eat outdoors at Atlantic Fish Company or L’Espalier. 

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor