This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Thrifting can be a fun and much less expensive way to shop, so here are the best places for it in Boston!

Garment District

Garment District is THE place to do your thrifting. With a bright pink streak running around the building, the place is impossible to miss and easy to access. They sell anything from crazy costumes to trendy outfits that’ll brighten up any wardrobe in need of some vintage sprucing-up. They carry every clothing item you could think of and more, for both men and women, as well as many accessories and leggings in any color you desire. They also have regular amazing sales that you should definitely take advantage of, as well as a Dollar-A-Pound section in which there are mountains of clothes to search through. 

Buffalo Exchange

Buffalo Exchange is fun and funky thrift chain located in Allston as well as another location in the Somerville area. Allston has tons of great places to eat, shop, and generally enjoy yourself while you walk around. At Buffalo Exchange, you can buy, sell and trade new and recycled clothing, and their sustainable and socially responsible practices make them a great choice for all of your thrifting needs, especially accessories, which they have LOTS of. 

Boomerangs

Boomerangs is a great place to thrift as well, especially because the proceeds go to AIDS Action in partnership with Fenway Health. The partnership helps aid in the wellbeing of the LGBTQ+ community through educating, advocating, researching, and providing health care to individuals. Boomerangs carries both new and vintage merchandise and provides a wonderful thrifting experience with its well-decorated, warmly lit, and incredibly neat interior. 

Sister Thrift

Another perfect thrift store: Sister Thrift. They work with the charity MetroWest Humane Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit no-kill animal shelter based in Ashland, Massachusetts. This thrift store has an immense collection of everything ranging from clothes to CDs to coffee tables. Anything you can think of, you can thrift at Sister Thrift. 

Covet

Covet is a bit more high-end than the other thrift stores on this list, but it’s still definitely worth visiting. They take in trendy clothes, especially designer and fast-fashion items. This puts them on a pricier range than thrifting would typically cost, but their incredibly nice, in-season fashion and their ethical and sustainable practices make them worth a mention. 

Molly Weinrib

Emerson '23

Molly Weinrib is a freshman at Emerson College majoring in Writing, Literature and Publishing. While she was born in Boston, she grew up in North Carolina and England, but is incredibly happy to be back and excited to spend the next four years here. Some of her hobbies include writing, drinking lots of tea, and exploring the city with friends. You can probably find her with her nose in a book somewhere in the Boston Gardens!
Emerson contributor