5 Activities That Should Be On Your Holiday Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

We all have lots of things that we want to do during the holidays, but these activities should be at the top of your list of priorities. They just can’t be missed!

Ice Skating

Some things should be on your bucket list, and some things should just be a tradition. And if anything should be a tradition, it should be ice skating. No matter how good you are at it, if you can do fancy twists and turns or if you fall on your face every 10 feet, ice skating can be so fun, and anyone can do it. Take your friends, take your family, take your partner; it’s the perfect holiday outing for a great day of laughter and fun. 

Christmas Movie Marathon

Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, everyone can agree that the movies for this holiday are usually really heart-warming with messages that inspire good cheer, love, and kindness. So cuddle up with your friends this winter, pull on some fuzzy socks, and stick some popcorn in the microwave for a fun-filled evening of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer traveling to the land of misfit toys and Buddy the Elf dancing in the mailroom.

Sledding

Unfortunately, this one can only be done if you’ve got a good amount of snow where you live. If you do, pack up the car with sleds and hike up that hillside because there’s no way you can miss hurtling down a hill uncontrollably at death-defying speeds this season. Sledding is one of the most terrifying, exhilarating activities that anyone has ever invented, and if you haven’t done it at least once in your lifetime, you haven’t truly LIVED.

Photoshoot

Have you seen yourself in a photo taken against the backdrop of the trees in the Boston Gardens? No? Then get out there right now and go take some sick winter photos with your friends. Make sure you’ve got the angle right though, ‘cause the sun in the winter can cast some harsh lighting. Try to get the sun behind the camera instead of the model, and you’re guaranteed to have a great time and even better photos!

Baking

I’ve saved the best for last. Everything that’s come before this is trivial when compared to the perfect holiday activity that is baking. You can literally make whatever you want, as long as you’ve got the right tools for the job. There’s gingerbread cookies, macarons, pie, peppermint bark, and so much more. The best part is that there’s no one to stop you from eating your creations after you bake them. So get the team together, and bake whatever your heart (and stomach) desires!

Molly Weinrib

Emerson '23

Molly Weinrib is a freshman at Emerson College majoring in Writing, Literature and Publishing. While she was born in Boston, she grew up in North Carolina and England, but is incredibly happy to be back and excited to spend the next four years here. Some of her hobbies include writing, drinking lots of tea, and exploring the city with friends. You can probably find her with her nose in a book somewhere in the Boston Gardens!
Emerson contributor