This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

*All photos are taken by Eliz Kuscu*

Having studied abroad for the past four months, I have been lucky enough to travel to many beautiful destinations around Europe. From a variety of different cities to spectacular landscapes, Europe truly has something to offer everyone! With that being said, here are four must-see locations in Europe!

1. Rome, Italy

With Rome being my home base for the entirety of my time abroad, I can safely say that it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It is overflowing with history. The architecture of every building is nothing short of exquisite, and beauty can be found around every corner. Oh, and I can’t forget about the food! It is a carb lovers heaven and is a city filled with gelato that is out of this world.

2. Interlaken, Switzerland

If you are looking for some outdoor adventure and beautiful scenery, then Switzerland is the destination for you! Whether you just want to sit and enjoy the spectacular mountain views or hop on your skis, you can do it all in Switzerland.

3. Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amsterdam was a city that was entirely unique from any other city I have seen in Europe. With the beautiful river running throughout the entire city lined by both modern and historic architecture, Amsterdam is nothing short of magical. This city is also a bikers heaven, where nearly every local uses them as their primary mode of transportation. So, if you are an avid biker who still enjoys living in a city, you will love Amsterdam.

4. Hallstatt, Austria

Although Hallstatt is not known by many, it is by far one of the most breathtaking and scenic locations. It is a small village located within a mountainside, with spectacular views. Here, you can take a boat tour around the bay and see the towering mountains surrounding you while you feel the crisp clean air. Another fun fact about Hallstatt is that it is home to the oldest salt mine in the world! If you so choose, you can spend the day exploring the salt mines and learning about their deep history. But if that’s not your thing, you can spend the day perusing through the small shops and taking in the beauty around you! 

Emerson contributor