This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

There are so many incredible love songs out there, and it’s pretty hard to pick a favorite. The following four, however, are a few of my personal favorites to listen to at any time of year, but especially around Valentine’s Day.

1. “Pink In The Night” — Mitski. This is one of the prettiest and most romantic songs I’ve ever heard! It’s short and sweet, but it conveys such vast depths of emotion in just over two minutes.

2. “Moon River” — Frank Ocean. This song was performed by Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, and I definitely enjoy the original version. However, I prefer Frank Ocean’s dreamy and almost ethereal take on the classic.

3. “Alan” — Perfume Genius. Another short but sweet favorite! It was written for the singer’s long-time fiance, and, though the song is simple, it’s full of love and tenderness.

4. “Ribs” — Lorde. This is one of Lorde’s most beloved songs, and for good reason. It captures such a sweet and perfect portrait of young love, and it’s one of my all-time favorite songs.

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a
Emerson contributor