This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Sometimes living vicariously through bloggers’ fashion show Instagram stories isn’t enough. Apart from the streamable runway shows on YouTube, here are four fashion films to watch to cap off Fashion Month.

1. House of Z (2017)

This documentary on the life and career of Zac Posen is extremely genuine, humbling, and well put-together. Posen shares his rise to success, but more importantly, allows us into the darker times in his career and his inspiring comeback from them. The film is candid and leaves us with respect for the designer who has reconnected with the things that originally inspired his career.

2. Clueless (1995)

In my humble opinion, Clueless is the most iconic fashion film to come out thus far. Its influence can still be felt today as matching plaid suits and Cher-esque preppy looks strut down the runways. Rewatching the movie always leaves one walking away with major fashion inspiration.

3. Sex and the City (2008)

Another fashion classic, Sex and the City introduces us to the freedom fashion allows and warms us up to Carrie’s bold, quirky fashion statements as she navigates love in New York City. We get not one, but four fashion heroines serving up major cosmopolitan queen outfits for us to obsess over.

4. The First Monday in May (2016)

The First Monday in May documents the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s year-long preparations for the widely anticipated MET gala. The film gives us insight into Anna Wintour’s daily life and collaboration with Andrew Bolton, the chief curator at the Costume Institute, and examines fashion as an artform.

Journalism major at Emerson College. Coffee and clothing enthusiast.
Emerson contributor