4 Boston Restaurants That Want You To Have Some Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston’s Snowpocalypse has made us all a little stir crazy the past few weeks. Now that the worst storms appear to be behind us (knock on wood!), grab your roomies and head out for a night of food and fun. These restaurants, located in some of Boston’s best neighborhoods, offer one-two punches of amazing food and quality entertainment. Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on any of these!

Area Four – Cambridge

Love yourself some gourmet pizza? Channel your inner geek and get your Big Bang Theory on with giant Jenga at Area Four, happening on the 3rd Monday of every month. $10 at the door gets you some truly delicious pizza and a drink ticket. Perfect for group outings with your besties and an excuse to go exploring a new part of the city you may not be familiar with!

The Breakfast Club – Allston/Brighton

Who doesn’t love breakfast food and snarky pop culture references? That’s right, no one. Run, don’t walk, to The Breakfast Club! Located in Allston, the local favorite is changing things up from their usual breakfast/lunch offerings this spring and throwing themed breakfast for dinner events (by reservation only). Beginning at 6PM on the first Monday of the month in March, April and May, each dinner will feature four courses of The Breakfast Club’s playful seasonal specials along with Mimosas using the diner’s fresh-squeezed orange juice and Narragansett Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout for imbibing. Being bad never tasted so good! Tickets are $35 for the meal, alcohol additional.  Don’t hesitate, buy your tickets here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/breakfast-for-dinner-series-tickets-15498852485. You know they’re going to go quick!

Battery Park – Financial District

If you’re stuck on campus (you know you have been thanks to the never-ending snowglobe we live in…) take a study break and grab your friends for Monday night trivia at Battery Park, conveniently located a short walk from Emerson. Spend the afternoon thinking of a killer team name and be ready for the action to start at 7PM. With a mouthwatering bar menu of Skillet Nachos, Mac & Cheese bites, Pulled Pork Tacos and much more and a wide selection of beers on tap, you’ve got all the brain fuel you need! 

East End Grille – Somerville

For the video game loving collegiettes out there – clear your schedule on Tuesday nights and get yourself to the East End Grille in Somerville. “Game Over” is a weekly event where restaurant go-ers can participate in N64 tournaments in a variety of games. If video games aren’t quite your style, there are card and board games making the rounds in the restaurant as well. 

Ameara Harb is currently a senior at Emerson College, pursuing a degree in Marketing Communications. She interns on the Restaurant, Travel, and Hospitality PR team at Marlo Marketing/Communications, and loves being CC for Her Campus's Emerson branch. She's a Disney fanatic, diehard Bruins fan, and can never turn down pizza.