This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re flying back to Boston for school, you know that it only starts to get warmer right at the end of the school year. It’s hard to dress up when it’s near-freezing outside, and— let’s be honest— parkas and down coats aren’t always the cutest. Here are a few of my favorite ways to stay chic and warm during the chilly semester. 

1. Layer turtlenecks 

Turtlenecks add class to any outfit, and wearing one makes you look so much more expensive. Layer them under crew neck sweaters or even your summer tanks and tube tops for an interesting, warm look. 

2. Faux fur coats 

Faux fur coats should definitely be a staple in any fashionista’s winter wardrobe. The faux fur adds glam and attitude, but, most importantly, they make the perfect night-out coat because you don’t have to compromise comfort for style.

3. Chunky Scarves

Cute, chunky scarves are so versatile! They make any outfit look super cozy and will also add an extra stylish element to your lazy day ensemble. The best part is they keep your neck and upper torso from freezing to death! 

Journalism major at Emerson College. Coffee and clothing enthusiast.
Emerson contributor