sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

3 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day When You’re in a Long-Distance Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1.) Have a nice long phone call

No, it doesn’t beat snuggling and watching a movie, but talking to your significant other and reminding them how you feel still helps bridge that gap.  If you’re feeling really daring, you can even put on a movie and watch it together over facetime. Who said romance is dead when there are hundreds of miles separating you?  

2.) Set up another time to celebrate

While celebrating on Valentine’s Day is more ideal (and the whole point of the holiday), setting up a plan for when you come home (or when they visit) is still just as good.  Plus, you can do all the Valentine’s Day activities without all the crowds of people. Not to mention that all the candy will be on sale, so you can split a box of chocolates for half the price as you would celebrating on the real Valentine’s Day.

3.) Ship each other a little surprise

Let’s face it.  We all love getting mail, so what’s better than a package from your significant other?  Whether you are shipping a gift or a card, it’s sure to put a smile on your significant other’s face to know you’re thinking of them.  If you’re scared it might not arrive in time and want to send it early, you can put a “do not open until Valentine’s Day” sticker on it for that extra cute measure.  When you go to open the gift, you can always facetime your partner so they can watch you open their gift (or vice versa).

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.