This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you need something new to listen to, I’ve got just the list for you. These three artists each have under 500,000 monthly listeners, but deserve a lot more.

3. Mary Lambert (233,196 listeners)

You’ve probably heard Lambert’s voice as the angelic backup vocals on Macklemore’s “Same Love.” Lambert has very touching songs that range from soft pop to spoken word over instrumental tracks. One of my favorites is a melancholy cover of Rick Springfield’s “Jessie’s Girl.”

2. Will Connolly (259,534 listeners)

You may have heard Connolly’s voice in some musicals, such as Be More Chill. However, he also has his own solo music that is nothing like those shows. His debut album Caterpillars of the Commonwealth features some extremely catchy lofi tracks such as “Odd2even (A Newer Sleep).”

1. Samsa (456,747 listeners)

Samsa is easily one of my favorite artists of all time. He quit music a few years ago but his songs are absolutely worth a listen. His tracks are extremely distinct with gentle instrumentals and clever wordplay, similar to atlas. Most of his music on Spotify is listed as singles and I highly recommend listening to his top song “Butterflies,” as well as “Burfi” to get the full scope of his music.

Honorary Mention: The Regrettes (549,520 listeners)

With just over 500,000 listeners, The Regrettes didn’t make the cut for the final list. However, I couldn’t leave them off. A few of their songs, such as “Pumpkin” and “I Dare You” have become extremely popular after being used in Tiktoks. However, their whole discography is impressive and great for some punk rock vibes on a long walk or drive. My favorite songs of theirs include “Seashore” and “Ladylike / WHATTA BITCH.”

Grace is a sophomore Business of Creative Enterprises student at Emerson College from New York and North Carolina. She’s passionate about theatre, television, writing, and fried chicken.
Emerson contributor