3 Rom-Coms to Get Cozy with This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1. The Decoy Bride

Enter a tiny Scottish island with an even smaller population. Place on this island two celebrities who have tried countless times to get married, but were thwarted by paparazzi. Solution? Obviously, a decoy bride. Now what happens if that decoy bride and the husband hate each other, but then accidently fall for one another? Well, if you’re ready to laugh so hard your stomach hurts, get ready for The Decoy Bride!

2. Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

The frumpy Miss Pettigrew somehow meets the would-be starlet, Delysia. Delysia is involved with a director who she thinks this will be her big break, but gets some extra on the side, such as the swoon-worthy pianist, Michael. Complications ensue as Miss Pettigrew gets a make-over and helps transform Delysia’s life, but not without some delightful conflict. 

3. Shakespeare In Love

Witty Shakespeare? Forbidden romance? Layers on layers of well-spun cinematic deception? Sign me up! All that and more is what to expect from this excellent romantic comedy where romance is balanced expertly with humor and conflict. Plus who doesn’t love a well-costumed period piece? 

Courtney is a junior BFA Writing, Literature, and Publishing student with a minor in Marketing from Emerson College. She is very much a libra. One day she hopes to pursue a career in words, or surronded by words. 
Emerson contributor