Style

15 TV Characters to Dress Up As This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1.) Eleven “Elle” from Stranger Things

All you need: white converse, striped socks, a blonde wig, and a pink dress. Or you could get the whole costume right here!

2.) Janet from The Good Place

All you need: a blue shirt, powder blue heels, purple skirt, and a purple vest!

3.) Robin Sparkles from How I Met Your Mother (also kind of doubles as a Hannah Montana costume)

All you need: an acid wash denim skirt, acid wash denim jacket, some fishnet leggings, a red headband, and a red belt.

4.) Dwight K. Schrute from The Office (works for all ages)

All you need: Dwight’s iconic glasses, his mustard short sleeved shirt, and classic tie.

5.) Kimmy Schmidt from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

All you need: some hot pink pants, a yellow cardigan, a colorful shirt, some old sneakers, and your backpack!

6.) Anyone from Riverdale

All you need: a river vixen costume or a serpents jacket.

7.) Meg Griffin from Family Guy

All you need: This one’s easy! All you need is a white and pink t shirt, a pink beanie, some white shoes, and some bootcut light wash jeans.

8.) The Cast of Grey’s Anatomy

All you need: scrubs!

9.) Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls (also doubles as Mia from The Princess Diaries or Gogo from Kill Bill Vol. 1 or ANY PREP SCHOOL CHARACTER EVER)

All you need: You can find her skirt here. Just grab a blue cardigan  and bring your backpack!

10.) Jackie from That 70’s Show  

All you need: a white fuzzy coat, a 70s patterned crop top, and some jeans!  

11.) Burt Macklin, FBI & Janet Snakehole from Parks & Recreation

All you need is: a black dress, some classy pearls, a black hat, and a blue windbreaker +  aviators for your partner in crime.  

12.) Lizzie McGuire from Lizzie McGuire

All you need: a green tank top, a paisley skirt, and then stack on all the accessories you can find!

13.) Maybe and George Michael from Arrested Development  

All you need: a classy blue apron (you can tape the banana logo on), and a yellow long sleeved shirt!

14.) The cast of the Real Housewives

All you need: just wear your fanciest cocktail dress and heels!  

15.) Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers

All you need: a blue shirt, some glasses, a blue skirt, and long socks with a red stripe. Or you can get her full costume here!

Hanna is a Film student at Emerson College. Her hobbies include getting really into "put-together human" things (e.g. bullet journaling) for a day, then giving up because it's too much work, watching unhealthy amounts of movies and judging them harshly because going to film school gives her a major superiority complex, and talking about Kenny Ortega until she passes out.
Emerson contributor