10 Group Costume Ideas You Can Execute This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1.) The Plastics

Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, and on Wednesdays, we wear pink.  This classic group costume is easy to pull off with items from your own closet, and there are plenty of different looks you can pull from the movie to embody the characters.  Here’s a look at a group that actually pulled off the look really well:

2.) Clueless

Another classic Halloween costume, but a little less popular.  It’s another easy-to-pull-off look with plenty of iconic outfits to choose from!  I’m confident you’ll be able to replicate these looks with ease. Just check out this group:

3.) Candy

Whether you’re all going as the same candy, or everyone is taking on a different candy, this is a cute Halloween costume!  If everyone goes as a different candy bar, it creates a sense of individuality even though you are all going together. If you want one cohesive look, everyone can go as a different color M&M or Skittle (or virtually any other candy that has multiple different colors).

4.) The Disney Princesses

Classic, cute, and plenty of variety!  You and your friends can each choose your favorite princess.  Not only that, but there is a lot of variety of how you can dress as the characters.  You could decide to go classic, vintage, modern, or casual; Not only that, but you can decide which of the princesses’ outfits to wear.  Alternatively, you could also go as the Princes, or the princesses dressed as their princes. Additionally, you could also go as the villians from each story.  I’m telling you, the options are endless when it comes to the princesses! For some inspo, check out this group:

5.) Heathers

Another classic movie that is easy to pull off.  Select a color (red, yellow, green, or blue), get a croquet stick, and you’re on your way! There are other options of course, but these are the most classic in terms of going as the Heathers for Halloween!  Check out this group’s dead-on (pun fully intended) look:

6.) The Belchers

Because everyone in the Belcher family wears pretty generic clothing, it is easy to pull any of these looks together from what you have in your own closet.  It’s a great way to go together and show how much your friends are actually like your family…even if that family is one of the most awkward families out there.  Check out these friends who showed that their friendship makes them family:

7.) Mario Kart

Again, easy to execute as a group, but also easy to stand out.  There are so many characters to choose from! Seriously, you can go for the classics, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, or you can go for more obscure characters, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi, Bowser.  The possibilities are really endless. Check out this group who really got into the spirit (they even made little cars for themselves):

8.) Four Seasons

Who doesn’t love seasons?  This is yet another group costume that can stand alone when you’re off doing different things, however, when you come together, everything makes a little more sense.  These costumes are versatile and easy to execute as a group, not to mention that most of this stuff can come out of your closet! Check out these friends who got this one figured out:

9.) The Price is Right

Who doesn’t love the Price is Right?  It a cooky and quirky costume, but super easy to pull off, just check out these contestants! P.S. If you want to go the extra mile, you can even carry around the item you’re all trying to win by guessing the price!

10.) Hogwarts Students

Everyone goes as Harry, Ron, and Hermione, however, sometimes, you’re just not feeling the popular costume.  Or, alternatively, if you’re like me, you’d rather go as your own Hogwarts house (because some of us are actually really happy and proud to be Slytherins, okay? We’re not all EVIL I SWEAR some of us are actually pretty cool sometimes).  Check out these Hogwarts students who are living life:

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.
Emerson contributor