What A Time To Be Alive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It was not until this current presidential election got underway that I realized how important it is to vote. It’s pretty cool to think that this is the first election that I will ever vote in because, as we all know, it is a pretty monumental and memorable one. No matter how this election pans out, to think that we were a part of this time is significant. This election is between a man with a very strong personality and no political experience vs. a woman with an immense amount of political experience that people consider not being trustworthy.  An election that is powered by social media where its debates have said to be “as entertaining as reality shows.” It is an election filled with backstabbing, insults, and endless Internet memes.

Depending on how many people decide to vote, the election could be severely effected. It does not matter if you like neither candidate, because let’s be real here this election’s candidates are unusual… but regardless the worst thing that someone could do is sit out on this election. Clinton or Trump is going to win and depending on the outcome, the country can be severely affected. You don’t want to remember your first eligible time to vote to be an election you did not participate in. This election is going to be remembered for years to come and will be talked about in future generation history books. This is not a time to miss out, because it really is a special time to be alive and to make a real difference for not only the country but for the world.