This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

You know what time it is? It’s the end of the school year, which means months by the pool, tanning on the beach, and concerts. It’s finally time to bust that summer closet out, but are you ready? Make sure to update your closet with this summer’s trends!

The Colors of Your Summer Wardrobe

Solid colors are typically the way to go when shopping for new clothes this summer. You’re going to want your closet to have a lot of nudes, soft pinks, and whites, with pops of color here and there. Even though a lot of your closet might be neutral colors, don’t be afraid to experiment with colorful pants! Multi-colored, patterned bottoms are a fun trend you don’t want to miss out on.

You might also want to include some black in your summer closet too for a sleeker and edgier look. If wearing black isn’t your thing for the summer, a good way to add some edge to your outfit is by accessorizing with a choker (#tbt to the 90’s) or some cute leather shorts.

Everyday Summer Styles

This summer is about tastefully showing off some skin. Crop tops are cute, flirty, and a must buy this season. Tee crop tops, tank crop tops, halter crop tops – the options are endless! Pair your favorite crop top with high-waisted shorts to bare that perfect amount of midriff. Another trend that’s all about showing some skin is open-back shirts. Grab some sticky boobs (or some Band-Aids) and show off that back! It’s all about wearing something daring in a classy way.

Comfortable, but Chic

Be comfortable in what you’re wearing because what’s great about this season is that it’s totally possible to be stylish in comfortable clothes! Loose fitting dresses, like this t-shirt dress from Tobi, and rompers are going to keep you relaxed and looking good when the temp starts rising. Be able to lounge this summer in clothes that keep you cool while keeping you fashionable. Beauty doesn’t always have to hurt!

Music Festival Season

Summer means music festival season! If you’re planning on going to a music festival (or a concert) this summer, make sure you grab some boho-style clothing. Crochet crop tops are essential to pack for a music festival. Pair it with a bright colored kimono or unique patterned palazzo pants. This crochet crop top is from Forever 21, and is cute and affordable.

Add a lot of lively colors when going to music festivals or concerts to match the mood. Tie-dye crop tops and dresses are also good for adding bright colors to your outfit. Accessorize with some flash tats and you’re good to go!

Shoes

Get your pedicure on because you’re going to want to look your best in this summer’s hottest shoe trends. Ankle strap sandals are simple yet sophisticated, perfect for dressing up or down. They’re comfortable to walk in and make a fashion statement.

If you’re looking for a pair of shoes that are a bit fancier, but still casual, grab yourself a pair of peep toe booties! Booties were in this winter, but it doesn’t mean the trend has to end just because it’s getting warmer. You can rock booties while still being trendy for the summer.