jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

With the fall season kicking into high gear and midterms upon us, it is easy to start getting restless on campus. Luckily, with Raleigh and Greensboro just a short drive away there is a lot to keep you busy this autumn.

The North Carolina State Fair

If you haven’t gone to the state fair during your time at Elon, it’s time to remedy that. This year, the NC State Fair is from October 11 – October 21 in Raleigh. Rides and music festivals are just some of what the fair has to offer. Plus, the food alone is worth going for.

(Image: Hope Atkinson)

Go to a pumpkin patch

Get in the fall spirit by picking out a pumpkin at a local pumpkin patch. Iseley Farms is just a few minutes away in Burlington and not only has pumpkins for the season, but also sells fresh vegetables year round.

(Image: isleyfarms.com)

Check out a haunted house

If you like haunted houses, Woods of Terror is a haunted house like no other. Mainly outdoors, this haunted house in Greensboro takes you down a trail with different spooky scenes and actors wearing terrifying makeup with scary costumes. Before you enter the haunted house, there are booths set up with food and merchandise to get you into the Halloween spirit.

(Image: northcarolinahauntedhouses.com)

Watch a horror movie at the Carolina Theatre

The Carolina Theatre in Durham is hosting Splatterflix, a horror film festival this October 12-14. They are showing the spookiest horror movies from the 70s and 80s to celebrate Halloween.

(Image: carolinatheatre.org)

Day trip to Hanging Rock

Hanging Rock is always a destination for Elon students, but is especially fun in the fall to see the foliage. You can get a great hike in while taking the perfect fall photos.

(Image: onlyinyourstate.com)

Hope is currently studying Political Science and Spanish at Elon. She is from Chicago, IL. In her free time, Hope loves to travel, hike, and read.