Wardrobe Essentials For Every Spring Break Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Students from coast to coast are anxiously awaiting the day when they can finally trade their books for a day in the sun, fun in the mountains, or a relaxing time at home. No matter the place, you can never be over-prepared for the week-long vacation that is Spring Break. But where to begin? The following guide will start you off in the right direction for all of your vacation needs. Your spring break should be one for the books, so get your suitcases ready!

Beach Retreat

From Miami to Cabo, a weekend at the beach can’t be beat. Students should aim for a wardrobe that includes a mix of hidden gem and big name pieces.

• Lulus.com—renowned for its funky shoe collection—has a wide variety of wedges, sandals, and ballet flats at reasonable prices. For a night on the town, check out Lulus.com’s amazing dress collection for any and all occasions. Make sure you stay on your toes because certain vintage-inspired dress and shoe styles tend to go quick!

• Victoria’s Secret is an all-time favorite for perusing the hottest styles of beachwear. If you don’t mind spending an extra dime check out their trendy cover-ups and beach-ready accessories too.

• Other choices include Free People, Treadsence, and J. Crew.

Mountain Weekend

On the flip side, spending break in a colder climate has perks of its own. Layers are your friend when it comes to staying cozy and chic, all the while enjoying the sites and sounds of a weekend in the mountains.

• Brandy Melville is the place for comfy sweaters and unique accessories. Although their pieces are on the pricier side (and are one-size-fits-all), their simplistic yet original style puts BM in a league of its own.   

• Urban Outfitters is another staple outlet for year-round style that takes vintage to the next level. Check out their denim collection which features styles for all shapes, and of all colors.   

• If you’re looking to splurge, Nordstrom is your place for shoes and accessories. Try Barbour for outerwear that will weather the storm.

A Stay at Home

If you’re looking to cut back on your spending, yet still stay warm (or cool) at home, try these wallet-friendly places for your relaxing week off.

• Tobi.com is your one-stop shop for trendy clothing, shoes, and accessories at unbelievable prices. Not to mention, the site almost always has special deals. We’re talking at least 30% off your total purchase.

• Other go-to places include Forever21, H&M, and Francesca’s Collections

Trip to the City

• Hit the streets in style with Nasty Gal, an online retailer that offers both vintage-inspired and vintage pieces for the trendiest city slickers. Nasty Gal is especially known for its edgy tops, dresses, and shoes. To top it off, NastyGal’s bold accessory collection will leave you wanting more. This outfit features one of the most wearable trends of the moment—black and white combos.

• Also try Asos.com, Topshop, and BCBG.

Sarah is a senior at Elon University studying International Studies and Economics. In addition to being a BuzzFeed enthusiast, she enjoys hanging out with friends/family and staying on top of the latest fashion trends.