With the spring season right around the corner, it’s time to prepare the exciting shift to wardrobes of high-waisted shorts, loose dresses, and tanks. As collegiettes, we face the dilemmas of strict budgets and sometimes feel like it’s impossible to find cute clothes for the warmer seasons. For those of us with busy schedules, we don’t always have the time nor gas money to drive to the Southpoint Mall and shop around for a day. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite online clothing and jewelry stores for trendy collegiettes that won’t break the bank:
1. Tobi – With new items uploaded everyday, this is an amazing site to find cute clothes at reasonable prices. Tobi is the perfect location to find going-out tops and dresses, along with funky leggings and affordable jewelry. Perks include new members getting 50% off of their first order and free worldwide shipping!
2. Asos – This site is one of the most popular global online fashion and beauty retailers around. Comparable to stores like Topshop and Nasty Gal, Asos has an assortment of on-trend clothing and you can always count on its phenomenal sales. I recommend taking a look at their dresses section for any upcoming formal events because they have designer look-a-like dresses for affordable prices. Asos also has a great selection of purses, with everything from oversized daytime bags to beaded going-out clutches.
3. Missguided – I stumbled across this website one day and immediately fell in love. It is strikingly similar to Asos in both website set-up and clothing, but they have a different variety. Missguided has an assortment of crop tops, bodysuits, fitted dresses and more that appeal to trendy 20-year-olds. I’m a huge fan of the peplum bustiers that come in multiple colors and fitted crop tops that would work perfectly with high-waisted shorts in the spring.
4. Nasty Gal – Don’t let the name intimidate you, Nasty Gal is an online retailer for fashion-forward girls. The clothes featured on the site are the perfect combination of vintage and new. Nasty Gal offers unique pieces at affordable prices and is known for carrying eye-catching cutout dresses and bohemian tees. This retailer is one of my personal favorites because it always steps outside of the box with its designs.
5. Go Jane – This site is comparable to Tobi or Forever 21 in both pricing and style and has already begun uploading its spring collection. With an impressive selection of printed bikinis and monokinis, Go Jane makes spring break shopping easy. I also love the variety of maxi skirts and distressed high-waisted jean shorts that will be staple pieces for the spring season.
6. Jeweliq – What would spring fashion be without those chunky bright-colored statement necklaces? Jeweliq is a website I recently discovered that carries every kind of necklace, bracelet, or earrings a girl could need. The site has jewelry very similar to that of Francesca’s and for all under $30. I definitely recommend checking it out before dropping serious money elsewhere!