Top 5 Places to Brunch Around Elon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

If you’re like me, you spend your weekdays dreaming of decadent Eggs Benedict or Belgium waffles topped with fresh whipped cream and strawberries. Sunday brunch: whether it’s your Saturday night hangover cure or just an excuse to get together with good friends, I have yet to meet an individual who doesn’t love it. If brunch were a person, I could easily call myself her #1 advocate. Always on a mission to find good spots, I’ve put together a list of 5 local restaurants that are sure to satisfy your palettes.

1. Saxapahaw General Store

For those of you not already familiar with Saxapahaw, it’s a quaint gas station general store serving food that easily competes with that of five-star restaurants. Yes, you heard ‘gas station’ correctly. This isn’t your ordinary off-the-highway bathroom stop, but rather a fabulous destination for brunch at any time of the day. Whether you’re craving a traditional breakfast spread of sunny side up eggs, bacon, and home fries or a build-your-own omelet, Saxapahaw’s fresh locally grown ingredients never disappoint. Although 25 minutes away from Elon, this brunch spot is definitely worth the trek.

2. Print Works Bistro

A short drive away in Greensboro, Print Works offers a slightly fancier brunching option for collegiettes. Its outdoor dining area provides a modern atmosphere and overlooks downtown Greensboro. Smoked salmon benedict and vanilla custard French toast are among the many delicious brunch options on their menu. Great for Elon’s parents weekend or a time when you’d just like to treat yourself, Print Works serves all of your favorite comfort foods.

3. The Fat Frogg

Can’t make it that far? Try a Frogg’s brunch. Known for their killer mimosas and loaded breakfast nachos, Froggs is a go-to spot for Saturday or Sunday brunch – whether you’re trying to continue last night’s party or simply enjoy a stuffed omelet and home fries. Drawing in a big Elon crowd, you’re bound to run into friends, classmates, or even professors.

4. West End Terrace

New to the brunch scene, West End now offers both traditional and modern breakfast dishes. My personal favorite is the Croque Monsieur – a French baked sandwich consisting of provolone, country ham, and velvety béchamel sauce. The restaurant also offers several brunch drink specials each weekend, so us collegiettes can still leave with full bank accounts as well as full bellies. On sunny days, opt for the outdoor seating and enjoy your meal on West End’s patio lounge.

5. Grill Worx

If you’re craving for a traditional southern breakfast, look no further than West Webb Avenue in downtown Burlington. Grill Worx’s friendly staff makes you feel as though you’re eating breakfast in your grandma’s kitchen. The restaurant offers practically every omelet under the sun as well as southern grits ‘n gravy. All at affordable prices, you can feast like a king.