Tips For Being Organized

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year. School is back in full swing and assignments are continuously being given out. Although it can be a stressful time, it is also the perfect opportunity to learn and become an organized student. The more organized someone is, the less stressed they tend to be. 

I am a full believe in assignment pads. Get a cute one, because you will be using it a lot. Bring that notebook with you to every class so you don’t miss an assignment. After you complete a task, cross or check it off your list. By doing so, you will feel extremely satisfied and more complete. 

Make sure your desk is clean at all times. I know it is easy to leave it a mess when you have different classes every day, but a clean desk is a happy mind. The clutter can be distracting and will leave a student unproductive and not willing to work as much. 

I suggest buying colorful pens and highlighters. This will make studying much more enjoyable, and cuter if I might add. The colors help the brain retain extra information.

The most important part of being organized is to keep your backpack or school bag neat and tidy. This is a great way to make sure you don’t lose any pens or loose paper. Make sure that if you have food in your bag to take it out because you don’t want any mold! 

If you keep everything organized, classes and school will run smoothly! I have faith in you!