As many of us young women are approaching our summer internships, it’s inevitable that we immediately start thinking of all the possible work outfits to bring to the new professional atmosphere. For a lot of industries today, the dress code is business casual, but that doesn’t mean boring by any means. Professional clothing can serve as means of expressing one’s personal style and asserting one’s professional determination. If you’re like me and want to look chic and trendy while also adhering to a business-casual look, then explore the below suggestions!
1. Oversized blazers: One of my all-time favorite pieces to wear at work is an oversized blazer. Owning this piece in basic colors allows you to pair with a variety of options, from jumpsuits to blouses to dress pants. It always makes a statement.
This blazer is super versatile and a perfect staple to have in your wardrobe.
2. Jumpsuits: Jumpsuits have been making a comeback in the last few years. You can find a ton of work appropriate ones that are still trendy. The best part about jumpsuits is they usually don’t need much styling. You can accessorize a simple jumpsuit with jewelry and shoes or try a fun print to go for a more playful look.
I love this bright one for the warmer weather. Wear it with a white blazer or leave it as is.
3. Trendy pants: I have always loved a classic “pant-suit” pant with a tight high waist and straight bottom, or try a pair of wide-leg, high-waisted pants in a bold print with a simple top. Don’t be afraid to try different patterns or unique shapes.
I am a huge fan of anything striped. Pair these with a simple black or brightly colored blouse to make the outfit more summery.
4. Statement belts: A belt is an essential accessory that pulls together any outfit. I’ve always opted for a classic, black belt with a gold buckle because of how simple yet attention-grabbing it is. Pair it with a flowy dress or to sinch an oversized blazer.
This simple belt is versatile and classy. The perfect go-to work belt.
5. Whites: There’s no better way to make a statement than something that’s bright and white. Whether it’s a pair of white high-waisted, wide-leg pants or an oversized white blazer, it’ll be sure to make you stand out.
These white wide-leg pants with simple gold buttons will pair well with almost any blouse or blazer. They’re perfect for hot days too by keeping you cool and comfy.
6. Slip on loafer mules: I’m all about owning basics that you can wear frequently without people noticing, especially when it comes to work shoes. Slip on loafer mules are in style right now and are a perfect trendy yet appropriate shoe for the workplace.
These inexpensive ones from Target are simple, classy and will pair well with almost any outfit.
Wear any of these affordable, work-appropriate, yet trendy pieces to make a killer impression at your new internship or job!