Study Breaks Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

With the sleepless nights of finals beginning, long nights in the library can be anything but relaxing. But it’s important to remember to take care of yourself when maintaining crazy study hours. Here are some tips to ensure that you will stay happy and healthy during finals.

Panera Wednesday

It’s free food while you’re up all night in Belk Library. At 11:50 p.m. on Wednesdays there is free Panera pastries in the Writing Center. It is also an excuse to take a stretch after sitting for long periods of time.

Hulu

Sometimes you need to just take a break and get your mind off things. Forty minutes of your favorite TV show may be just what you need to prevent yourself from stressing out over your up coming exam. So if you missed it the night before, take a few minutes to catch up and relax.

Get to the gym

Exercise is a great way to get your mind off things and you’re guaranteed to be in a better mood after a workout. So either head over the gym or get out and go for a run, the break will be good for your mind and your body.

Get lunch with a friend

Sometimes all you need is a little gossip to get your mind off your own problems, so take a study break with a friend. The swapping of stories will help you relax and it’s important to make sure to you eat regularly even when your cramming for an exam.

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.