The Struggles of College: As Told By Lizzie McGuire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

College is not only a place where we gain an education. It is also a place where we are destined to discover who we are. In order to do that, we have to go through some obsticles. There is a 99 percent chance that during your time in college you will cry (like when you can’t understand your professor because of their heavy accent). Crying is not always a bad thing! Our girl and OG Disney Queen, Lizzie McGuire aka Hillary Duff, can relate to all students’ daily struggles. 

1. Difficulties finding clothes to wear:

Every morning, no matter how full your closet is, you can never seem to find what you want/like. 

2. Pop Quizzes:

The moment you sit down for class and your professor hands out a pop quiz covering the homework that you did not do. You stare at the ceiling, your paper, and you suddenly have a mini heart attack.

3. But its ok, because when you ace that same quiz, you feel on top of the world!

4. Being Confused By Your Teacher:

Sometimes you sit in class and you have no idea what your professor is talking about and you overthink everything:

5. Dining Halls: 

After a long day of running from class to class (or watching Netflix) all you want to do is eat! When the dining halls are not open during your crazy schedule the frustration is real.

6. Relationships 

If you are single, when looking around campus, it may appear everyone’s in a relationship. Sometimes you think being in a relationship would seem pleasant, but then others you’re perfectly happy being in a relationship with inanimate objects. 

7. Your Crush:

When you see your crush and try to act casual but it fails horribly.

It’s ok, because at the end of one crazy day, your friends are always there to cheer you up!