Street Style: Sweats Swag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Gone are the days when walking out in your pajamas was not socially acceptable – sort of. While it still may be difficult to be in public decked in your flannel bottoms or bunny slippers without getting wide-eyed stares, certain sweats are becoming more than your sleep attire and lounge apparel.

How do you dress-up a dressed-down look? Here are some tips:

Sweat bottoms

• Stick to silhouettes that are not overly bagging and pick styles that cinch at your ankles and waist. This will help define your shape and prevent the sloppy stigma associated with sweats.
  • Select pants that incorporate unique materials like leather, pleather or jersey. This will help dress up the pant without losing the overall physique.

Sweatshirts

• Choose bold sweatshirts. Sequined sleeves, graphic designs, quotes, and different color sleeves add dimension to your look and the casualness of the top.
  • Layer! Throw the top over a classic collared shirt or stack some necklaces over your neckline. This will instantly dress up your entire outfit.

More importantly, be confident and wear each piece deliberately. The more you style it, the less you will look like you rolled out of bed.