This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Okay ladies, since the sky gets dark at 5:30 now and Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, it’s the perfect time to start cuddling up and binging Netflix. Here we give you our top seven best fall shows, ranging from spooky to funny.

1. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This is a dark retelling of “Sabrina the Teenage Witch.” Sabrina is half-witch, half-mortal and is battling which side to choose. Does she stay with her cute AF boyfriend (played by Ross Lynch), or sign her name to the Dark Lord so she can further her magical powers? Watch to find out!

1. Big Mouth

Season 2 is OUT! This show literally makes me laugh out loud. The cartoon follows the stories of a group of friends going through puberty. They’re all voiced by famous comedians such as Jordan Peele, John Mulaney, and Maya Rudolph. The Hormone Monsters are so scary that they’re funny. Give this one a chance if you’re looking for something light hearted and fun.

1. Gilmore Girls

A classic! Gilmore Girls is the sweetest show set in dreamy Stars Hollow, CT. It’s centered around single mother Lorelai and her teenage daughter, Rory, and all the everyday things that happen in a small town.

1. The Haunting of Hill House

This horror show has gone viral this fall due to its on-the-edge-of-your-seat scenes. This show focuses on siblings who grew up in “the most haunted house in the country.” Now adults, the siblings are forced back together in this house to piece together the past. This show is perfect for binging because you can’t help but want to know what happens next.

1. American Horror Story

The new season, Cult, just got posted on Netflix, so now’s the perfect time to try it out. It’s an anthology series, meaning each season is a different story with different characters. A lot of the plots are inspired by true events which makes it that much scarier to watch. A lot of the actors reappear in different seasons, but as different characters.

1. Mad Men

Calling all my Strategic Communications majors! Set in the 1960s, Mad Men portrays the dynamic of a Madison Avenue advertising firm in New York City. Don Draper (played by the fox Jon Hamm), struggles to stay on top while balancing family. This is actually a great way to see how advertising agencies run professionally, in the real world.

1. Black Mirror

A modern day Twilight Zone, Black Mirror is also an anthology series like American Horror Story. It’s set in a (scarily) realistic technological future, and has lots of twists throughout the episodes to hold your attention and keep you guessing about what’s next.

Samantha is a Freshman at Elon University, double majoring in Strategic Communications and Marketing with a minor in Multimedia Authoring. Samantha is an avid reader, competitive equestrian, and devoted podcast listener.