element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Secret Santa Gifts (Under $25!) for Everyone on Your List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Picking for Secret Santa can go many ways: there’s the fashion-obsessed friend, the cultured friend who just touched down from a semester in Rome, and the friend who Instagrams every bite she takes. We’ve all been through the gamble of the game, so we’re here to help with this guide of gift ideas for anyone on your list.

For the Girly Girl:

Essie’s Holiday Kit ($15)

Essie is making the holiday purchasing easy this year with their 2014 Holiday Kit, a sample pack of five mini bottles of their latest festive shades. Throw in a manicure gift certificate or pair it with a nail file, hand lotion and foam toe separators for the perfect mani/pedi package.

Umbrella Ring Dish ($8) and Etsy Elephant Ring ($13)

Anthropology might not be your first thought when the budget comes to mind, but look closely and you will find some hidden gems. This adorable ring dish proves you don’t have to sacrifice quality for price – and you will even have extra cash to spend. Next stop: Etsy. Even if this elephant ring isn’t your friend’s style (although how could you not love it), Etsy is sure to have something for everyone.

For the Foodie:

Vegetable Spiralizer ($15)

For health fanatics and foodies alike, get in on the latest culinary trend with a veggie spiralizer. Your foodie friend will thank you when she can finally make all the recipes she’s been adding to her “Yum” board on Pinterest. Use the change on a cookbook like “The Oh She Glows Cookbook” from popular vegan blogger, Angela Liddon.

Sassy Coffee Mug ($15)

Trade in the travel mug from the semester for this handmade Etsy coffee mug, perfect for the winter break days spent cuddled up at home by the fire. Pair it with coffee from a local coffeehouse or some Keurig cups to get your friend through the last of finals.

For the Wanderlust Traveler:

Leather-bound Marc Jacobs London Skyline Notebook ($18)

Christmas break is a transitional time as wanderlust travelers return stateside from a semester abroad and starry-eyed students pack up for Winter Term trips – er, courses. This Marc Jacobs notebook is the perfect outlet to document travels, tape in ticket stubs and write down tidbits you don’t want to forget along the way.

Latitude Longitude Coordinates Cuff Bracelet ($24)

Customized gifts are always more meaningful, but oftentimes come at a high price. This cuff is thoughtful, affordable and adorable, putting it at the top of our holiday shopping list. Make it your own with coordinates of your hometown for childhood friends, your off-campus house for roommates, or your friend’s home city from a semester abroad.

For the Hostess:

Kate Spade Wine Tag Set ($16) and He Sees You When You’re Drinking Wine Glass ($10)

What holiday party would be complete without a little vino? Let Kate Spade add a little flare to your drink and help your crew keep track of whose glass is whose – after all, it’s easy to mix it up after a drink or two. Along with the tags, give your girl a festive glass of her own for the night or throw in a bottle of her favorite wine.

iM70 Portable Mini Speakers ($21)

There’s one in every group – the friend you count on to take charge of playing DJ at pregames. Bring the music wherever your group goes this winter with these portable mini speakers. They’re small enough to throw in your purse on the go, without giving up powerful volume capability.

Anjelique is a senior at Elon University, a National Contributing Writer for HC and an aspiring magazine editor.