Reasons Why I’m Thankful for Elon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Photo Credit: Elon University 

Finally, it’s spring a.k.a. the most beautiful time at Elon. The sun is shining, everyone is happy, and campus looks like a country club. This is also the time when walking down any brick pathway on campus is a constant reminder of how lucky we are to go to such an amazing school. However, with the good comes the bad (sadly) and as the days between now and summer get closer, it is also a reminder of how we are one year closer to graduating from this incredible school. This means I am almost half way through my time at Elon. So I’d like to take a moment to thank Elon University for all the amazing opportunities and experiences I’ve gained the past two years.

Thank you,

~ For allowing me to meet the most incredible people and being able to call them my friends.

~ For providing me with a one of a kind education taught by professors who care about me and want to see me succeed.

~ For keeping campus beautiful… Because who doesn’t love having their university on “The Most Beautiful Campuses” list?  * Bragging Rights *

~ For having friendly dining hall staff who never fail to smile back at me even on my worst days.

~ For being located where the weather is always (well 99% of the time) nice and allowing me to experience the perfect amount of every season.

~ For offering cultural events and guest speakers who brought their life into the spotlight and allowed me to see into their worlds when I normally wouldn’t be able to.

~ For giving me the opportunity to see the world and grow culturally while I’m abroad next fall.

~ For offering a variety of summer courses to ease my work load during the school year.

~ For offering J-term, which allows me to learn about a topic I normally wouldn’t have time for.

~ For having Greek life and allowing me to be surrounded by the most amazing group of girls.

~ For being the best decision of my life and giving me no doubts that I picked the perfect school to spend my college experience at.

Thank you Elon. 

Elon University Class of 2019 Tuftonboro, New Hampshire Entrepreneurship & Management Major