Nail Polish Colors For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s April. Finally! Despite recent unpredictable and unseasonable North Carolina weather, the time has come to break out your flip-flops and sandals (and hopefully keep them out). Bright, stylish nail polish shades are a must for spring to keep us feeling and looking like we’re ready for the sunshine. Check out some of these options that are guaranteed to have your nails looking and feeling ready for the warm weather to come.

Green/Blue

Greens and blues are great options for any skin tone. With so many great shades to choose from, you’ll be sure to find something that you love. Go on Green! by OPI
and Beach Bum Blu by Essie are two great options to add bright color to your nails.

Coral

Coral is a go to color for warm weather. It will have your nails and toes looking like they’re ready for the beach. Coral is a great color that is incorporated in so many spring styles, so this shade on your nails and toes will definitely complement many cute sundresses. Tart Deco by Essie or Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It by OPI are two great options to add a burst of color and get you set for warm weather.

Silver

Silver is a great color to wear on your nails any time of year. Not only is it chic and stylish, but it is neutral, so it complements many different outfits, as well as skin tones. Silver comes in many varieties. A sparkly silver like Tiara by Orly would be great for a more formal occasion while Echo Park by American Apparel Nail Lacquer is great for everyday wear.

Purple/Lavender

Purple is such a fun color for nails. There are hundreds and hundreds of shades to chose from, including lots of pretty pastels and bright magentas, like these two options. Try this L Esprit by American Apparel Nail Lacquer or Jumpin’ Junkanoo by Essie for some bright and beautiful purple hues.

Sources
OPI
E
ssie
A
merican Apparel
O
rly

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.