This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

1.     SPF: No matter what, everyone needs sunscreen. Even if you don’t burn, UV rays are harmful to your skin and can cause damage.  I love Neutrogena Beach Defense because it doesn’t have the classic sunscreen smell. The line of sunscreen comes in lotion, spray and stick form.

2.     Insulated Water Bottle: It is really easy to get dehydrated on spring break. An insulated water bottle will keep your water cold and will prevent condensation on the outside. A metal water bottle like a Swell can keep your water cold for up to 12 hours!

3.     Leave-in Conditioner: Leave-in conditioner will save your hair from damage after hours in the pool, ocean and the sun. Chlorine, saltwater and the sun can dry out your hair and make it brittle and frizzy. After you shower put in some leave-in conditioner like Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream. It is under five dollars and will make a serious difference for your hair.

4.     UV Sunglasses: Just like your skin, your eyes need to be protected from harmful UV rays. Amazon offers a wide variety of sunglasses at different price points. Just make sure to check the description to see if they protect against UV and UVB rays.

Currently working as the Marketing and Events Intern in Her Campus's Internship Program!