Meet a Member of the Her Campus Elon Team: Maddie Carlin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Hometown: Wellesley, MA

Major/Minor: Strategic Communications & Business Administration minor

How are you involved with Her Campus?

For Her Campus, I am part of the writing team for the weekly editorials as well as a member of the marketing team.

What made you want to get involved?

I wanted to get involved with Her Campus because I have always seen various Her Campus posts on Facebook, and as a strategic communications major I thought it would be a really beneficial organization to join. I wanted to gain more experience writing articles as well as collaborating with other women in an organization.

How has your experience been working with empowering women in Her Campus?

Being part of Her Campus has been such a good experience so far. It has made me step outside my comfort zone to talk with and learn more about women around campus to write my profiles. It is also great working with women who are empowered to be leaders and take leadership roles within the organization.

I hear that Her Campus Elon is doing a Fashion Show next week, what will that include and be for?

Yes, Her Campus Elon is hosting its third annual fashion show next week at The Fat Frogg. The funds that are raised for the show will be benefiting ElonThon, a 24 hour dance marathon that raises funds to benefit the patients of Duke Children’s Hospital.

Considering the kind of position you hold at Her Campus, does it inspire you for what you want to do in the future?

Yes, working as part of the marketing team and editorial team is helping me figure out what I would like to do in the future. I am leaning towards marketing and joining this organization has helped me discover that interest of mine.

Her Campus aside, what kinds of positions or jobs would be a dream of yours?

In the future I would love to work in a marketing agency in New York City. I am really interested in branding and how companies reach their target audiences to deliver a message so working in a big city where I could do that would be a dream of mine.