Meet Jessie Cooper-Vastola!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Many college students struggle balancing all the chaos school brings and still finding time to work out. However, freshman Jessie Cooper-Vastola not only has time to hit the gym, but she loves it so much she makes it a priority. Find out why staying fit is a big part of Jessie’s life:

Name: Jessie Cooper-Vastola

Hometown: Roslyn, Long Island NY

What made you choose Elon?: How beautiful it was.

What is your favorite part about Elon?: The community, I feel like everyone is really close.

When did you start working out?: The beginning of High School. I was always part of varsity sports in High School and I just stuck with it.

How do you try to stay healthy?: I try to keep a well balanced diet, and try to work out at least four times a week.

What do you think it’s important to have a healthy lifestyle?: A healthy lifestyle means a healthy mind and body.

Any advice to people wanting to start working out who haven’t before?: It’s a process and a long journey but you always have to listen to your body. Don’t expect to see results in a week but keep sticking with it.

I am a Freshman at Elon University and originally from Philadelphia, PA. I am currently obtaining a degree in Strategic Communications. I have always loved to write, and Her Campus provides an amazing platform to connect with other college females around the world!