This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

1. What year are you?

First year

1. What is your major?

Double major in strategic communication and journalism, with a minor in entrepreneurship.

1. What are you involved in on campus?

I’m currently involved in ENN, ESTV, creative writing and El Centro.

1. Where are you from?

I’m from Honduras

1. What kind of a school did you attend in Honduras?

I attended a bilingual school with the American Education System

1. Why did you come to the United States for college?

I decided to come to the states for college to pursue better opportunities in education, especially because the communications field is way better here than in my country.

1. How did you hear about Elon?

I learned about Elon because my school does college fairs very regularly. Also, I know a couple of people that have graduated from my high school that came here. I came to Elon because the communications program is absolutely mind blowing. I’m only a first year student, and I’ve already grasped the different fields of communication through different organizations. I did apply to other schools, but this one seemed the most perfect fit for me.

1. How do you like it here?

I absolutely love Elon. I love that there are lots of things to get involved in and everyone is just so accepting and encouraging when you decide to try new things. Also, I like that it’s a relatively small campus, so I see almost the same people everyday, and this to me creates a sense of comfort and makes the adjusting process easier.

1. Is there anything weird about America you aren’t used to at home?

There hasn’t really been anything that has weirded me out from Americans, besides the fact that a coffee date here is usually around 11 a.m., whereas in my country a break for coffee usually happens at like 3 to 4 p.m.