Meet Ali Simkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Ali Simkins is one of the trendiest, easy going and genuine girls I have met on- campus. Not only did she have the opportunity to study abroad across the Pacific, but she is involved in many organizations on campus including Fraternity and Sorority Life as as sister of Zeta Tau Alpha.

Here are some fun facts to get to know her a little bit better!

About her study abroad experience: Ali studied abroad in The Sunshine Coast, Australia which is right outside of Brisbane.

“I wanted to do something different than my friends and I had already been to Europe so I chose to go half way across the world with one friend and my boyfriend,” she said. “When I first got there it was a bit difficult, but after a couple weeks of adjusting it ended up providing me with an unmatched cultural experience. To travel and meet individuals from around the globe was a great learning and networking experience, which forced me to step outside my comfort zone and become culturally aware.”

Ali while in Australia.

Favorite food: Japanese

Previous job: Worked in sales at a bathing suit store

Dream job: Dietician in New York City

Favorite hobby: Traveling

Fun fact: I grew up on a farm in Doylestown, Pennsylvania with pigs, goats, sheep, chickens and cows. We moved but still have all of the animals that my dad raises grass fed.

On a totally opposite track, Ali was on an episode of Gossip Girl and met the entire cast…serious #goals.

Favorite quote: “You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path.”

Steve Jobs

Elon University Student, Fashion Lover, and Creative Writing Enthusiast
Kayla is a senior journalism major from Boston, Massachusetts and has been with HCElon since her freshman year. At Elon, she is involved in The Edge Magazine, ENN and AOII.