Last Minute Spring Break Plans!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

As a hardworking college student, workload and stress seem to be all too familiar with a new year and a new semester. The countdown to spring break takes place about the same minute classes begin.

However, planning for spring break does not have to be unnecessarily hectic as well! There’s no need to look at it as too expensive or time-consuming, AND it’s not too late to start planning for an exciting week with these tips!

1. Use website deals!

·      Groupon features daily specials and most importantly incredible deals on hotel rooms. By signing up with the website you not only will be able to peruse the offers they have with incredible locations, but also restaurants, shops, and activities in those said locations!

·      Studentbreaks.com offers hotel packages and transportation to hot destination spots such as Panama City, as well as Cancun and Acapulco, Mexico!

·      Cheapflights.com bargains flight deals, special offers, hotels, and travelling tips for popular locations. They offer specials to popular locations as well- South Padre Island, Texas; Cancun, Mexico; Miami, Florida; Panama City, Florida; and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

2. Do something out-of-the-ordinary!

·      Alternative Spring Break has become more and more popular in recent years. These programs offer students volunteer options in service projects designed to help college students expand their horizons, experience new cultures, and make a difference in communities they will be staying in. Locations for the spring 2013 programs include ventures in Morocco, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and the pacific coast of Mexico.

·      Plan a Roadtrip! If you are still out of plans and would like to do something out of the box and cost efficient, plan a mini road trip with some friends! Traveling to destinations nearby may seem like an uneventful spring break, but quite often the most exciting towns are overlooked or forgetting, even if they are an hour away. OnTheWay is a tool for finding interesting places to stop at while on the road, focusing moreso on unusual stores, restaurants, and attractions.

3. Plan an exciting homestay!

·      Staying at home for spring break does not mean it has to be boring, in fact there are probably activities to do in your hometown that you might not even be aware of. Metromix.com, twtvite.com, and meetup.com all offer fun activities, places, and social gatherings located in almost every city. Once you enter your town you may find things to do you would have never expected, not only is it a better financial option, but it may shed a new light on your home.

·      PAMPER yourself. Almost every town or city features a spa option nearby, take this time to spend the money you may be saving by staying at home on a massage. Massageanywhere.com will help you find the closest option to your home!

·      Visit friends at schools nearby. Visiting a different campus for a night or two is a perfect option if you’re staying at home for break. Not only will it seem like a mini vacation, but you’ll be able to experience an entirely different campus and check out what they have to offer.

Whatever you choose this spring break, HerCampus at Elon hopes you stay safe and have an incredible time!

What have been your previous experiences with planning an exciting spring break? What’s worked and what hasn’t? Send us any feedback via the comment box below!

Sophomore Anthropology and Strategic Communication double major with a minor in French. Aspiring correspondent writer interested in fashion, culture, entertainment, travel, leisure, and pertinent topics impacting multi-regional audiences. Experience in public relation and writing positions such as PRSSA, HerCampus, French Club, The Edge within the Pendulum, and within Zeta Tau Alpha.