Kelsey McCabe – Hosting & Performing at Midnight Meals Autism Speaks U!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Year: Junior

Hometown: Rockville Centre, NY

Favorite Color: Red

Campus Involvement

• Acting major
  • Alpha Omicron Pi
  • Autism Speaks U
  • Elon Tonight

Why is this concert important to you?

I started working with autism awareness through music so being able to bring that to Elon and have other performers come in and do the same thing is incredibly gratifying. Music is actually a wonderful form of therapy for those with autism so I like being able to donate to the cause doing something that directly helps those affected.

What is the most challenging part of putting this concert together?

The most challenging part is the anticipation leading up to the concert when you’re in the venue wondering how many people will show up. There comes a point when you do all you can do and hope for the best!

What are you going to sing?

“Adore You” by Miley Cyrus and “What a Girl Wants” by Christina Aguilera (I had to have a Throwback Thursday in there somewhere).

Midnight Meals Concert for Autism Speaks U is Thursday April 3rd at 11 pm in McKinnon. Performances from Sweet Sigs, Vital Signs, Connor Whitaker, Kelsey McCabe and Ethan Wing, and Jenna Hokanson and Ryan Cooper. Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated!

My name is Emily Haley. I am a senior at Elon University studying psychology and communications. I am a focused, determined student with a passion for communications, public relations, and project planning.