Jake Light, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Jake Light
Age: 18
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Newton, Massachusetts
Major: International Business and Political Science
Relationship Status: Single.

What are you involved with on campus?
I am one of the new members of the all male acapella group on campus Rip_Chord.

Awesome! What song would you sing to serenade a girl?
“You Don’t Know Me” originally sung by Ray Charles, but I would do the Michael Buble cover.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I enjoy writing poetry, watching movies, playing sports, reading romantic novels, and going to the gym.

What is a random fact about yourself that no one knows?
Most of my college friends don’t know that I have a twin! But no one knows the exact number of pairs of shoes that I own… (I think it’s at about 42?)

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Either acting in movies or running my own company.

What do you look for in a girl? What impresses you the most?
Well… I really care about how they respect others as well as how they respect themselves… you have to be a genuinely kind person… Physically a girl needs to have the cutest face in the world, and nice toned legs. I’m impressed by girls who really show who they are and don’t put on a façade to impress others. I’m also impressed by girls who work out and are athletic; it’s important to stay healthy and I admire girls who care about things like that.

What are your turn offs?
Girls that are sloppy and don’t make smart decisions.

What would be your ideal date?
Depending on whether it was a first date, or with someone I’ve been with, but in general, it would start with a candle lit picnic style dinner on top of a big grassy hill with a tree at the top, and after dinner we would blow out the candles and lay down in the middle of the hill and look up at the stars as it gets darker.

Any relationship advice?
To girls: You need to be able to say what things are important to you in a relationship before you commit to one to make sure that it would be able to work out. You need to be able to hang out with your other friends and be an independent person. In a relationship, you’re both your own person. Make time for your friends outside of the relationship. Otherwise, it will become insufficating.

Best way to win me over: Be a friend first.

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.