I Tried The New Dunkin’ Donut Coffee Flavors, So You Don’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s Girl Scout Cookie season which means thin mint flavored everything. Which is why i was not surprised when I found out Dunkin’ Donuts was releasing a new line of coffee flavors inspired by Girl Scout Cookies. Being the basic college student that I am, I knew I had to try them. I mean I love Dunkin’ and I love Girl Scout Cookies so this flavor combination sounded like heaven on earth.

Dunkin’ Donuts had three new flavors. Thin Mint, Caramel Cookie and Peanut Butter Cookie. Personally, I prefer my coffee iced (yes even in the middle of winter) so I purchased 3 iced coffees.

I started with Caramel Cookie considering that Samoas are my favorite cookie. Just as I expected very sweet. Too sweet and artificial. It reminded me of 6th grade when everyone would drink those sugary frappuccinos. I have to say I was extremely disappointed with this flavor it tasted nothing like a samoa or a coffee.

In hope that Dunkin’ could redeem themselves, I decided to try Thin Mint next. Dunkin mint hot chocolate is amazing so their Thin Mint coffee could not be that bad. The mint flavor was suttle, I did not get much of a chocolate taste but it was not overpowering like the last one. It was ok, not good enough that I would want it again but not awful.

Last up was Peanut Butter Cookie. I was starting to realize that maybe Girl Scout flavored Iced Coffee was not for me but knew I had to try the last one. This one was the most normal. It reminded me of a hazelnut flavor and tasted much more like an actual coffee than the other two.

Now I don’t mean to sound harsh at all. I love Dunkin’ and I love Girl Scout cookies but when combined  together it’s nothing but a sugary recipe for disaster.