ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Thank Your Mom this Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

There are so many things that we can, and should, thank our mothers for. While this upcoming Sunday, May 8 is Mother’s Day, they deserve our appreciation every day. They’ve raised us and provided for us unlike anyone else in the world. My mom has always been the first person I could turn to for support, regardless of what the problem was. This Sunday, it’s our turn to show them support. While there are a number of ways to express our appreciation, here are a few options to consider:

1. Flowers

Flowers are always a classic gesture. Find out your mother’s favorite flowers and order away. The Bouqs Co. is a great option for fresh cut flowers from eco-friendly farms. They even offer free shipping! Above are two excellent bouquets that they offer.

2. Spa Certificate

Treat your mom to a day at the spa. There’s nothing like a relaxing massage or facial to relieve stress. While she’s getting pampered, she’ll be thinking about how much you love her. You could, instead, give her a personalized kit of at-home spa products. Stop by your nearest LUSH, Sephora, or Ulta to put together a kit of your mom’s favorites. She can enjoy these whenever she’s feeling stressed or just wants to relax. Don’t forget the bath bombs!

3. A framed picture of the two of you

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and few things are worth more than memories you’ve made with your mom. So pick one of your favorite pictures together and get it framed! When she’s missing you while you’re away at college, she can look at your picture and reminisce on the good times together.

4. Book of the Month membership

Is your mom a big reader? If she is, get her a membership for Book of the Month. Each month, she’ll receive a new hardcover book in the mail. If she keeps up with Oprah’s Book Club, she’ll love this monthly program! If she prefers to choose her own books, pick up a Barnes & Noble gift card for her.

5. Candles

Candles are a great gift. They’re perfect for decoration around the house and keep it smelling good at the same time. Candles come in a wide variety of prices. Check out Target for a wide variety of candles with nearly any scent you could imagine.

6. Jewelry

When I’m shopping for a girl, jewelry is always my go-to gift. A bracelet or necklace is always the safest choice. Try to pick something simple that she can wear every day! 

While these are a few Mother’s Day gift ideas, there are many other great ideas options. Sometimes it’s truly the thought that counts. Just be sure to let your mom know how much you love and appreciate her this Sunday!