How To Prevent Getting Sick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! As the weather is changing our immune system begins to react. I know I have been coughing up a storm, and I am sure you are too. Here are some tips for you in order to prevent getting too sick to go to class! 

1. Wash your hands: This is extremely important. You NEED to kill the bad bacteria on your hands. Your hands touch everything, especially your eyes. This is such a simple way to prevent getting a serious cold. Even carry around Purrel; get a delicious scent! 

2. Clean your sheets: Your bed also carries a lot of bacteria and dead skin cells. Make sure to change your bedding at least once a week! 

3. Drink Tea & Vitamin D: These drinks move out germs efficiently, and by using lemon, it thinks our mucus! Also, if the tea is hot, it’ll keep you warm in the cold.

4. SLEEP: Most importantly, make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep. You need to rejuvenate your body. If you are not getting that, take naps! Who doesn’t love naps?

I promise, if you follow these steps, you’ll be as healthy as can be!