This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Remember when Instagram first came out and people posted random pictures without any thought put into it? Well, those days have changed. When scrolling through Instagram you may come across an image, click on it, and end up on one of the most beautiful Instagram pages you’ve ever seen. The color palette is spotless, the balance between the pictures is perfect, and the content itself is amazing. Some of you may wonder how people do this and what you need to do to create an Instagram theme just as beautiful.

Building a consistent Instagram feed is tough to do, but possible for anyone who wants to put in the effort. First, you need to decide what to post. Before even taking pictures, editing them, and arranging them in a feed, which can be done with apps such as UNUM, there are planning stages that need to be thought through. It’s not always about how you edit the pictures, but about what you post. Applying the same filter over and over trying to create a consistent look is not always going to work. If you do not have good content, you will have trouble creating an aesthetic feed. Instagram theme creation starts with deciding what content you need to produce and what the main focus is with your feed. You may want to choose a color palette for your pictures, shoot them in the same light, and edit them all similarly. Instagram is an extension of you and your passions and interests, so your feed should reflect that.

Here are a few Instagrams that have been killing it with their theme:

Currently studying strategic communications with a minor in professional sales at Elon University.