Happiness to Your Feed, One Post at a Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Claire Brodsky practically skips across campus walking from class to class with a big, pearly smile on her face. This positive attitude and spirit helped her come up with her Instagram brand, A Little Taste of Sunshine.

Brodsky said the purpose of the account is to bring a little more sunshine in to everyone’s day. “Scrolling through instagram can be a lot and after having a hard day, seeing a cute picture of a flower market in Europe can brighten your day and make you realize not everything is that serious or that bad.”

The idea for the account first came to the sophomore two summers ago while in Colorado with her family. “My brand was inspired by this company I saw there with my family. It’s called ‘Be Good To People.’ That just really resonated with me and I wanted to bring a piece of that home to share with others.”

Brodsky said the easiest part of starting the brand was the name. “I knew I wanted sunshine in the name. It’s just happiness and warmth and sometimes we need that little pick-me-up.”

The purpose of the brand is to promote happiness and positivity in an environment of girls supporting girls. According to Brodsky, the idea started with just an Instagram account but has since expanded to a blog, merchandise and an ambassador program.

The ambassador program features girls on the instagram page. These ambassadors were selected based of off how they embody the idea of positivity in everyday life. “I choose girls that have a positive attitude, that they’ll be kind to strangers. They’re just promoting happiness and positivity in everyday life.”

When Claire isn’t running A Little Taste of Sunshine you can find her in Oak House, “mom walking” around campus, in the gym or spending time with friends.

Follow A Little Taste of Sunshine to bring a bit of sunshine to your day.

Amanda is a freshmen at Elon studying Journalism and Spanish. She calls Atlanta, Ga home. When not writing for HerCampus Amanda loves to travel, cook, and explore new food places around town.