david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Halloween Websites that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s that time of year again…HALLOWEEN! Everyone wants to have a cute and creative costume but not break the bank, of course. Check out these websites to get some essential pieces to make your Halloween costume amazing!

1. Amazon – Amazon is everyone’s go-to for ordering anything. Amazon can be great to get a full costume or to purchase accessories. It’s also one of the best options for finding cheaper substitutes for clothing from other sites. They are also perfect for the last minute shopper with free 2-day shipping for Prime users.

2. Boohoo – Boohoo is a great affordable choice, with Halloween costumes starting at $6. They have a large range of products from glitter to full costumes. They can also help give you idea inspiration since their models are wearing the complete costume. Boohoo does take slightly longer for shipping, so you do have to order a bit further in advance.

3. DIY – Nowadays it is easier than ever to create super cute costumes with clothing you already have or borrow from a friend. Check out Pinterest for ideas and see what you own already to create your super cute costume!

4. Zaful – Although Zaful doesn’t have a lot of Halloween options, they do offer cheap basics for your Halloween costumes as well as a variety of accessories.

5. Fashion Nova – At first glance, the prices for Halloween costumes on Fashion Nova look pricey. If you want a full Halloween costume, however, then this could be the place for you. They sell full costume sets like the Spirit Halloween store, but at a cheaper price. Hot tip–Fashion Nova also offers a lot of coupon codes and you can easily find some online to get a discount.

Halloween can be a really overwhelming time because everyone wants to have an original costume while also looking good. Don’t feel pressure to drop tons of money on a costume you’ll only wear once. Just remember that Halloween is meant to be fun! Also, another hot tip when online shopping in general, check out the application Honey. It’s free to download and the app automatically tries out a bunch of coupon codes when you’re checking out from the online store. Honey uses codes that have worked for people in order to make sure that you’re getting the best price! 

Hi, I'm Olivia! I am from Massachusetts and am a current Sophomore at Elon. I'm majoring in Public Health with a minor in communications. I love writing about fashion and entertainment!