Halloween Manicures

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Halloween Nails

Who doesn’t want gorgeous Halloween-themed nails? However, these spooky manicures can cost as much as $30 at some salons! For DIY girls who don’t want to break the bank, these fun nails can be done at home with the right colors!

1. I’ve Got My Eyes On You

Colors needed: blue, white, red and black 

Paint your entire nail white, and let it dry. Then paint a black dot in the middle. Surround the black dot with a blue ring, and a tiny white dot to the side of the black. You have your eyeball! To make them even creepier, use the red to make squiggly lines around your eye to make them bloodshot

2. Pumpkin Spice Tips

Colors needed: orange and clear or nude

For those girls who aren’t big on themed nails, these easy orange tips are still the perfect accent for fall. Paint your nail nude or clear (your choice!) and then use the orange to make a neat orange tip.

3. Candy Corn Crazy

Colors needed: white, yellow and orange

To cure that candy craving! Start with yellow at the bottom towards the cuticle, bleed it into orange, and then into white at the tip. If you want very clean lines for your candy corn nails, use tape to create a clean line and let that layer dry before moving on to the next color.

4. Nighttime Polka Dot

Colors needed: black, white, green, purple and orange

Paint the entire nail black and let it dry. Take a very small amount of polish on the brush and touch the nail slightly to leave just a drop. Mix around the colors, leaving various polka dots to make your nails look just witchy and spooky enough!

5. Peekaboo Pumpkin Tops

Colors needed: white, orange, green

Paint the entire nail white and let it dry. Paint the tip of your nail orange and make a semicircle. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect – what perfectly round pumpkin have you seen? Let the pumpkin dry before you add a nice green curved triangle shape on top, to create the stem. This design looks adorable whether it’s drawn on all five fingers or just one!

6. Webs on Webs on Webs

Colors needed: Black (or dark purple!) and white

Paint the entire nail a dark color and let dry. Black usually works the best, but a deep purple or navy looks great too! Draw three straight white lines extending from one corner of the nail to the opposite. Connect these lines with swooping curves and you have yourself a perfectly spidery manicure!