This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

College doesn’t leave us much time to spend doing our hair, so here are some quick and easy types for all different hair types!

Natural Hair: Bantu Knots

Bantu knots are a great and practical look for people with natural hair. Start with damp hair. First, divide your hair into sections and moisturize. Shea Moisture products like the Deep Treatment Masque work really well for locking in moisture. Next, detangle your hair. Then, start making the knots. Tuck it under using a bobby pin to keep it in place.

Leave the bantu knots in, or take them out for curls.

Thick Curly Hair: Loose Ballerina Bun

As someone with extremely thick, curly hair, I rock this look pretty often. Again, Shea Moisture products are incredible. For this look, I like using the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Comb your hair out in the shower, and apply the product thickly while your hair is still damp. Then, let your hair air dry until it’s only a little damp. Next, using a simple hair band, loop your hair once, leaving your hair in a pretty loose bun. For people with less hair it may be helpful to loop it twice or three times. The goal is to keep this look loose and relaxed.

To make this look a little more fun, add a headwrap or headband.

Long Hair: High Ponytail

I’d never been one for the high ponytail until this semester. It’s convenient, it keeps your hair out of your face, and it highlights your facial features. This look is simple – pull all of your hair back, and up as high as you please. Secure with a hairband. To get a little fancier, add some volume by flipping your hair forward over your head and leaning down. Keep your head down while you put your hair up. If your hair is thinner, add volume using a round brush and a blow dryer.

Short Hair: The Turband

A turband is essentially a combination of a turban and a headband, making it thicker, wider, and usually knotted in the center. These are major accessory pieces that can really add to your look. They vary in size, color, thickness, and style, with the knots being varied. Wear your hair naturally and pull it on. If you have bangs, you can leave them out or pin them back.

Rachel is the Senior Editor at Her Campus. She graduated from Elon University in 2015 where she wrote for Her Campus's Elon chapter as well as the national LGBTQ+ section, and has since held editorial positions at Hello Giggles and Brit + Co along with running social media for several publishers. Her work has been published in Teen Vogue, Glamour, StyleCaster, and SELF, and she can be found in North Carolina smearing face masks on in the name of content. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @RachelCharleneL.