Flashback Friday: Oscars Style Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

The Oscars have come and gone! If you missed the annual event last Sunday, don’t worry because we’re here to fill you in on the hottest hair and makeup styles! The weekend is here, formal season is quickly approaching, and it’s time to start brainstorming your Oscar-worthy look!  

Bombshell Beauty Tips

Reese Witherspoon’s Glow

This photo doesn’t do Reese Witherspoon’s undeniable glow justice! Wondering what the key is to Reese’s flawless look? Her makeup artist swears by St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion for a smooth and even complexion. All you fair-skinned ladies out there can look effortlessly gorgeous with this natural look!

Margot Robbie’s Poppin’ Lips

Nothing makes you more memorable than lips with a pop of color! Go BOLD or go home. If you want that extra attention out tonight, try mimicking Margot Robbie’s red carpet look! Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven is the perfect way to complete this stylish and edgy look!

Anna Kendrick’s Piercing Eyes

Eyes are known to tell a lot about a person, so make sure they are BIG, BRIGHT, an BEAUTIFUL for your night out. This heavier smoky eye accentuates the dark brown tones in Anna Kendrick’s eyes. Anna tops off her simply luminous look with Elizabeth Arden’s Ceramide Cream Blush in Pink.

Hairstyle Trends from the Celebs

Rosamund Pike Brings Buns Back

Nothing is more frustrating than frizzy or unmanageable hair. However, it doesn’t have to ruin your perfect night out! Rosamund Pike elegantly pulls off the minibun held together with hairspray. If you want your style to last all night a sleek bun is DEFINITELY the way to go! 

Katie Cassidy Works the Waves

Straightening and curling have both been the go-to looks for going out lately! Why not SPICE it up and try a style somewhere in-between? Katie Cassidy’s side-parted somber waves frame her face beautifully and don’t distract from her STUNNING gown. She earned an ABSOLUTE 10/10 on the carpet this year, and you can get the look too! 

You can achieve that red carpet look with these simple celebrity-inspired makeup and hairstyles! Don’t be afraid of trying something new and experimenting with different cosmetic products. Change is GOOD—so let it happen! Get glammed up and look FLAWLESS for that big night out!

Source: http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Oscars-2015-Hair-Makeup-Red-Carpet-368859…